Brussels Childbirth Trust, Mechelsesteenweg 77, 1970 Wezembeek Oppem (hereinafter “BCT” or “we”) is committed to protecting the personal information of its members.
1. What information about you we collect, use and why
The standard set of personal data that we might collect from you are the ones you give us in the registration forms for becoming a member or joining a prenatal course, PIB evening or any other event you need to register for.We refer to such information as “Personal Information”.
Your decision to provide Personal Information to BCT is voluntary. However, if you do not provide certain Personal Information, we might not be able to provide you with all the services.
2. Who has access to your Personal Information
Only a small group of volunteers with special rights can access your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information or pass on data to other organisations unless required by law or with your specific permission.
3. Integrity of Personal Information
We take the appropriate legal, organisational, physical and technical measures to protect Personal Information consistent with the Belgian Data Protection Act.
We store your information securely on our computer system, we restrict access to those who have a need to know, and we train our volunteers in handling the information securely.
5. Data Retention
6. Access and Correction Rights
Under the Belgian Data Protection Act, You have the right to:
- be informed about the type of Personal Information collected about you by BCT, the purposes of the collection, the recipients of your Personal Information and obtain a copy of the Personal Information we collect about you. To obtain a copy, you must submit a request to us and include a proof of your identity (i.e. copy of your ID card). We aim to reply as promptly as we can and in any case within the maximum legal limit of 45 days.
- request a rectification of the incorrect Personal Information we hold about you. The rectification will be carried out free of charge.
- request the deletion or erasure of the incomplete or irrelevant Personal information we hold about you.
- object to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
For the exercise of any of the above rights as well as for any questions you might have about the processing of your Personal Information please contact email@example.com.