The Brussels Childbirth Trust, Mechelsesteenweg 77, 1970 Wezembeek-Oppem (hereinafter “BCT” or “we”) is committed to supporting families and parents-to-be in Belgium. Keeping your personal information safe is very important to us and we are committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws and being transparent about what we are doing.
1. WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WE COLLECT, USE AND WHY
The standard set of personal data that we might collect from you are the ones you give us in the registration forms for becoming a member or joining a prenatal course, PIB evening or any other event you need to register for or any other information you provide us with when you send us an email or use the contact form on our website to obtain information or support from us. We refer to such information as “Personal Information”.
Your decision to provide Personal Information to BCT is mostly voluntary. However, if you want to become a member, we ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your address, email and phone number) in order to provide you with some of our core services (such as receiving your copy of our membership magazine or our weekly newsletter).
We use PayPal to process your membership payments, so we do not have access to your credit card details.
2. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Only a small group of volunteers with special rights can access all your Personal Information. Most of our volunteers that you deal with, only have access to the information relevant to their task (your group leader will receive your name, email address, membership number, while your prenatal teacher and the booking clerk will receive all information that you provided in the prenatal course registration form). All information is strictly used for BCT purposes only. We do not sell your Personal Information or pass on data to other organisations unless required by law or with your specific permission.
3. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In most cases, your Personal Information is handled only by BCT volunteers. However, for certain services, such as the mailing of our membership magazine Small Talk or our weekly newsletter, we use outside organisations to process your Personal Information for us (your name and address or email). In these situations we ensure that the Personal Information they handle for us is properly protected and treated in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation.
4. INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the appropriate legal, organisational, physical and technical measures to protect Personal Information. We store your information securely on our computer system, we restrict access to those who have a need to know, and we train our volunteers in handling the information securely.
6. DATA RETENTION
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
• If you are concerned or have questions about your Personal Information, you have the right to be informed about the type of Personal Information the BCT collects about you and why and who we share it with. To obtain a copy of the Personal Information we collect about you, you must submit a request to us and include a proof of your identity (i.e. copy of your ID card).
• You can request a rectification of the incorrect Personal Information we hold about you. The rectification will be carried out free of charge.
• You can request the deletion or erasure of the incomplete or irrelevant Personal information we hold about you.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information and withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
• We are always striving to maintain a high data protection standard. If you are ever dissatisfied with the way we process your Personal Information, please contact us so we can resolve the issue. Should we not be able to solve the problem, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
• You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to another organization.
For the exercise of any of the above rights as well as for any questions you might have about the processing of your Personal Information please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit the BCT website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies (small text files stored in your browser). Cookies make using a website much easier because they remember your personal settings such as your username. This way, you don’t need to re-enter information on the site.
We use Google Analytics to find out more about how visitors use our website, which content interests them and which page brought them to us. Data collected may include your browser types and versions used, your operating system (which can also show whether you use a desktop computer or a mobile device), the website from which you were referred to our website, the pages you visited and in which order, the date and time of your visit to our site and other similar data and information. We do not use this information to draw conclusions about the individuals visiting our website. We only use the information how many visitors come to our website every year, how they use our website, which content interests them and which page brought them to us. This general information will be shared in our annual report. We do not use Google Analytics for marketing or advertising purposes.
It might be necessary to update or change this privacy notice from time to time. If that is the case, we will update this page to reflect the changes.
9. CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Brussels Childbirth Trust
Phone: 0032 2 215 3377
The Data Protection Officer of the controller is:
Brussels Childbirth Trust
Phone: 02 215 3377
If you have any questions or suggestions concerting data protection, please contact our Data Protection Officer.